Donate Soap – Start a Soap Drive
About every 15 seconds, a child dies from a disease that could have been prevented with proper hygiene. The bar soap your group collects will save lives. Depending on demand, your soap will be used in the hygiene kits we distribute to homeless shelters here in the United States, or sent to at-risk people in developing regions abroad. Since 2009, Clean the World has distributed in 96 countries.
Schools, clubs, corporations, churches, and civic groups can get involved by participating in a community soap drive. It is simple, inexpensive, and will help save lives.
Keys to Running a Successful Campaign
- Get started by registering your soap drive online.
- Set a deadline. We suggest a 7 to 14 day collection program. Set up your donation station in a high-traffic area as a reminder that the soap drive is underway. Give periodic updates on the amount of soap collected to encourage more contributions and participation.
- Download posters below. Place them near your donation station, on your collection box, and in high-visibility areas.
- Publicize your soap drive through your newsletter, e-mail list, and social media channels.
- Take pictures of your soap drive in progress. Use photos on social media to encourage participation and thank the people who get involved. Send photos to us and you might see them on our Facebook page or Instagram feed!
- Send us the collected soap. You will be responsible for shipping costs, so encourage others to help cover the shipping costs as part of the collection effort.