Clean the World Foundation is currently seeking an intern to assist our Community Engagement Coordinator with the volunteer recruitment process, tracking, and group management. The intern will learn about volunteer engagement and management, as well as further establish best practices while also designing strategies to support rapid program expansion.
Clean the World Foundation is dedicated to saving millions of lives around the world through multiple health-based initiatives while simultaneously diverting hotel waste from landfills. On average, more than 5,000 children die every day from hygiene-related illnesses, primarily pneumonia and diarrheal disease, which are two of the top killers of children under the age of 5. Since 2009, we have diverted more than 20 million pounds of landfill waste, distributed over 50 million bars of soap, and contributed to a 60% decrease in the number of hygiene-related deaths for children under the age of 5 by providing soap and hygiene education to make handwashing a lifelong habit and encourage vigorous childhood development.
- Monitor productivity and satisfaction of volunteers
- Represent Clean the World at community events and assist in facilitating external relations
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers
- Track key data points to monitor and evaluate program success
- Participate in the planning and implementation of relevant outreach events
- Maintain a neat and tidy area for volunteers
- Support office/administrative duties including, but not limited to, answering phones, greeting visitors, and taking inventory of office supplies
- Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- 15-20 hours/week
- Be pursuing a degree in Administration, Nonprofit Management, Event Management, or related field
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client/donor information.
- Have strong problem solving, writing, and communication skills; organized and attentive to detail
- Possess strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated the ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds is a plus
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Comfortable working in both a warehouse environment and office setting
- Ability to work around and handle substances such as scented soaps, shampoo, lotions, etc.
- Have a personal laptop to perform internship duties