Website Clean the World
Recycling Soap | Saving Lives
Clean the World Ventures LLC., a Florida limited liability certified B corporation, is currently seeking a copy writing intern to support the marketing team by writing and editing content for websites, blog posts, marketing materials, and more with a heavy focus on writing articles for both the corporate and foundation newsletter, promoting our partners, and highlighting community engagement. Interns will develop a substantial portfolio of published writing samples, refine their writing skills for different audiences, and gain valuable experience. Intern responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Clean the World is dedicated to saving millions of lives around the world while simultaneously diverting hotel waste from landfills. On average, more than 5,000 children die every day from hygiene-related illnesses, primarily pneumonia and diarrheal disease, which are two of the top killers of children under the age of 5. Since 2009, Clean the World has contributed to a 30 percent reduction in pre-adolescent deaths from hygiene-related illnesses by providing soap and hygiene education to make hand washing a lifelong habit and encourage vigorous childhood development.
Representative Duties /Assignments:
- Draft and edit blog posts, news articles, and website copy.
- Assist with copywriting for brochures, sales pieces, and other marketing material.
- Research subject matter, competitors, industry, and target audience.
- Research articles and information related to the subject matter to include in web articles.
- Work with the marketing team to identify and understand high-level messaging and strategy.
- Monitor trends in client’s industries.
- Complete assignments on time and work within tight deadlines.
- Send supervisor(s) progress updates throughout each week.
- Deliver 3-6 articles (300-1000 words each) every week.
- Drafts sent for review should have very few or no spelling and grammar errors.
- 15-20 hours/week
- Excellent writer
- Extremely organized
- Familiarity with WordPress is preferred
- Spend a minimum of 4 hours per week in the office
- Knowledge of SEO best practices is preferred
- Professional demeanor
- Eagerness to learn
- Proficient multitasker
- Responsive to feedback in a timely manner
- Knowledge of proper spelling and grammar
- Attention to detail