As the Operations Manager, you will play a vital role in the overall success of the Las Vegas Operation, by leading employee activity to achieve performance goals and KPIs. You will be responsible for overseeing soap reprocessing, fulfillment, procurement, inventory control, sorting, scheduling local pickups from resorts, impact reporting and volunteer engagement. You will take the lead in coaching, mentoring, and directing all team members. You will also be responsible for managing the operation’s P&L and focusing on process improvement. Additionally, you will ensure safety in the warehouse, including being a champion of OSHA compliance and appropriate reporting.
Compensation: $45,000 – $55,000 annually, based on experience.
· Manage day to day warehouse operations including hiring, developing and managing the staff.
· Develop, implement, monitor and manage policies, procedures, and metrics to ensure a safe workplace, efficient customer service, and continuous improvement.
· Manage the movement of material into and out of production facilities.
· Manage departmental budgets.
· Collaborate with other business functions to ensure customer requirements and productivity is achieved.
· Manage layout of warehouse and site to ensure efficient and effective use of space.
· Adherence to all warehousing, tool shop, and job related health and safety regulations.
· Manage Par levels to ensure optimal availability of material and tools without compromising service levels.
· Maintain an organized work environment.
· Communicate and negotiate with internal customers and external suppliers.
· Comply with all company policies and procedures.
· Provide a safe and controlled work environment.
· Ensure all employees and subcontractors are accountable for safety and health.
· Manage fleet of vehicles and equipment. Ensure timely care and maintenance of all.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor of Science preferred, but not required.
· 3-5 years of increase responsibility within distribution, supply chain functions.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in a manager role.
· 3PL experience preferred.
· Demonstrated leadership of functional and cross-functional teams toward the achievement of objectives.
· Strong analytical, financial & P&L competencies required to succeed.
· Ability to quickly establish credibility across organization; engage others to ensure the most effective efficient logistics solutions for the varied business units.
· Must be able to develop and lead highly productive teams with a focus on individual accountability.
· Knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes and current best practices.
· Decisive visionary with the objective of balancing tactical and strategic issues.
· Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong client relationships.
· Experience in planning, assessing and implementing change.
· Ability to influence and persuade in order to achieve desired outcomes.
· Experience in vendor management.
· Ability to effectively communicate, interact and convey business decisions with many different levels within the organization.
· Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
· Must have skills in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Passionate about supporting the mission.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
· Forklift Certified.
· Ability to drive a box truck.
Clean the World is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment services. Our organization participates in E-Verify and the National Drug Free Workplace Alliance program.