Responsible for assisting the Manager of the Mobile Hygiene Unit during daily operations and with all associated activities, including all events, programs, and community partnerships. This position reports directly to the Mobile Hygiene Manager and serves as a public representative for Clean the World Foundation.
- Assist MHU Manager with daily operations of the Mobile Hygiene Unit
- Maintain safe setup and breakdown activities in accordance with the MHU Manager’s direction.
- Clean and prepare the bathroom and shower areas in between client usage.
- Positively represent Clean the World Foundation during all MHU operations by interacting in a respectful manner to all clients and/ or community members.
- Be able to assist with challenging client situations in a calm and respectful manner.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with charity work in the homeless sector of King County, WA.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with janitorial duties and safe handling of cleaning supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to work with a diverse homeless community.
- The ability to communicate well with individuals of different backgrounds, education levels, and potential mental health conditions.
- Possess empathy for others.
- Awareness of how to safely clean areas of potential biohazard waste.
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
- Work outside in the Washington climate, year-round.
- Exposure to a variety of external environments and conditions.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to bend, lift, and do physical activity such as cleaning, climbing ladders and standing on elevated platforms.
Clean the World is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment services. Our organization participates in E-Verify and the National Drug-Free Workplace Alliance program.