Responsible for assisting the manager of the Mobile Hygiene Unit during daily operations and with all associated activities, including all events, programs, and community partnerships. This position reports directly to the Mobile Hygiene Manager and serves as a public representative for Clean the World Foundation in the greater Las Vegas community.
- Assist MHU Manager with daily operations of the Mobile Hygiene Unit
- Maintain safe setup and breakdown activities in accordance with the MHU Manager’s direction.
- Clean and prepare the bathroom and shower areas in between client usage.
- Positively represent Clean the World Foundation during all MHU operations by interacting in a respectful manner to all clients and/ or community members.
- Be able to assist with challenging client situations in a calm and respectful manner.
Education and Experience:
- Experience with charity work in the homeless sector of Las Vegas.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with janitorial duties and safe handling of cleaning supplies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to work with a diverse homeless community.
- The ability to communicate well with individuals of different backgrounds, education levels, and potential mental health conditions.
- Possess empathy for others.
- Awareness of how to safely clean areas of potential biohazard waste.
- Access to personal transportation in order to travel between various program sites throughout the Las Vegas region. (Mileage reimbursed.)
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
- Work outside in the Nevada climate, year round
- Exposure to a variety of external environments and conditions.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Able to bend, lift, and do physical activity such as cleaning, climbing ladders and standing on elevated platforms.