Website Clean the World
Recycling Soap | Saving Lives
Clean the World Foundation is currently seeking an intern to assist our Volunteer Services Manager in overseeing the volunteer program including group management, recruitment, and tracking. The intern will further establish best practices while also designing strategies to support rapid program expansion.
Clean the World Foundation is dedicated to saving millions of lives around the world through multiple health-based initiatives. On average, more than 5,000 children die every day from hygiene-related illnesses, primarily pneumonia and diarrheal disease, which are two of the top killers of children under the age of 5. Since 2009, we have contributed to a 30 percent reduction in pre-adolescent deaths from hygiene-related illnesses by providing soap and hygiene education to make hand washing a lifelong habit and encourage vigorous childhood development.
Representative Duties /Assignments:
- Monitor productivity and satisfaction of volunteers.
- Represent Clean the World Foundation at community events and assist in facilitating external relations.
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers.
- Develop and implement management strategies to efficiently track applicants.
- Track key data points to monitor and evaluate program success.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of relevant outreach events.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- 15-20 hours/week
- Be pursuing a degree in Administration, Nonprofit Management, Event Management, or related field.
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client/donor information.
- Have strong problem solving, writing, and communication skills; organized and attentive to detail.
- Possess strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrate an ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds is a plus.
- Ability to lift 25
- Comfortable working in both a warehouse environment and office setting.
- Ability to work around and handle substances such as scented soaps, shampoo, lotions, etc.