Clean the World Foundation (www.cleantheworldfoundation.org), a global health nonprofit organization dedicated to providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs and services to vulnerable populations in the United States and around the world, is seeking a dedicated individual to serve as a Project Coordinator (PC).
The PC will provide support to the organization’s new project, in partnership with the CDC, which deploys porta-potties and handwashing stations throughout the region so that people experiencing homelessness (PEH) have access to these critical resources during the COVID pandemic. These units, referred to as WASH stations, will be set up in five clusters, each containing several WASH Stations, throughout the Puerto Rico areas in places convenient to PEH communities.
Reporting to and receiving direction from the Senior Manager of Domestic Programs, the PC will be responsible for ensuring the WASH Stations are safe, clean, fully operational, and regularly stocked with personal hygiene supplies (soap, menstrual pads, paper towels).
The PC will also interact with users to gather feedback on the programming, provide guidance on handwashing and WASH Station use, and collect data about the clientele. The PC will be expected to have reliable transportation in order to visit the various WASH Station clusters throughout the region. Mileage will be reimbursed in accordance with federal standards.
1. Visit the WASH Station cluster sites each day, and ensure they are clean, functioning properly, and fully stocked. Clean, fix, and re-stock the units as needed.
2. Report issues with the WASH Stations to the Senior Manager of Domestic Programs.
3. Interact with site ambassadors and identify issues that need to be resolved.
4. Ensure all program signage on/near the WASH Stations is undamaged, intact and replace/repair signage as needed.
5. Conduct surveys of the users to garner feedback on the operations and performance of the WASH stations.
6. Conduct observational assessments, using forms provided, to count the number of users, record demographic details and other metrics as requested.
7. Input collected data into the assigned database and/or spreadsheet on a daily/weekly basis.
8. Conduct brief lessons on proper handwashing practices and demonstrate proper handwashing to the WASH Station users.
9. Monitor the use of the WASH Stations and encourage clients to only use them as intended (i.e. for handwashing, not washing clothes).
10.Provide referrals to the users, as needed, to other service providers to help meet additional needs they might have.
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma plus at least five years of work experience.
2. Familiarity and/or experience with a nonprofit or government service agency preferred.
3. Ability to operate with minimal supervision.
4. Ability to use computer software, including databases and spreadsheets.
5. Familiarity with Microsoft Office required.
6. Ability to comfortably interact with people experiencing homelessness.
Compensation: $14/hour, full-time (40 hours/week) + benefits & mileage reimbursement
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
1. Working outdoors, in various weather conditions, with exposure to heat, cold, rain, and snow possible.
2. Must have reliable transportation, and the ability to travel among several different locations throughout the city each day. Mileage will be reimbursed at the standard federal rate.
3. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds