Act as analytical liaison/primary finance team member for Product Director, Pod Directors (sales, foundation, etc.), New Venture Directors and International Entity Directors in matters related to modeling and reporting financial and sustainability impact assessments. Will also assist finance and department heads in analyzing existing data and modeling opportunities to determine best course of action. This position reports directly to the Chief Experience Officer.
Salary is $70,000 but negotiable based on experience and education.
▪ Analyze financial and statistical data by collecting, monitoring and creating financial models for decision support.
▪ Improve future results by analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management.
▪ Establish, automate, and maintain company KPIs and dashboards for use by executive management.
▪ Analyze KPIs and partner with executive management to identify areas for improvement to achieve company goals and objectives.
▪ Identify financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts.
▪ Guide cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures; providing trends and forecasts; explaining processes and techniques; recommending actions.
▪ Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials.
▪ Increases productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools.
▪ Market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps.
Education and Experience:
1. BA or BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field;
2. 3-5 years’ experience or MBA
3. Proficient in Excel, Access, QuickBooks, and other accounting software preferably QuickBooks.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Strong modeling and technical skills
2. Must have strong analytical (quantitative as well as qualitative) skills including building models, data mining and online market research
3. Self-starter with the ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
4. Strong financial analysis skills creating forecasts and models
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects, Tableau)
6. Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
1. Office environment