Job Description: Responsible for assisting the manager of the Mobile Hygiene Unit (MHU) during daily operations and with all associated activities, including all events, programs, and community partnerships. This position reports directly to the Mobile Hygiene Unit Manager and serves as a public representative for Clean the World Foundation in the greater Orange County community.
1. Assist MHU Manager with daily operations of the Mobile Hygiene Unit
2. Maintain safe setup and breakdown activities in accordance with the MHU Manager’s direction.
3. Clean and prepare the bathroom and shower areas in between client usage.
4. Positively represent Clean the World Foundation during all MHU operations by interacting in a respectful manner to all clients and/ or community members.
5. Be able to assist with challenging client situations in a calm and respectful manner.
Education and Experience:
1. Experience with charity work in the homeless sector of Orange County, FL.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Experience with maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. The ability to work with a diverse homeless community.
2. The ability to communicate well with individuals of different backgrounds, education levels, and potential mental health conditions.
3. Possess empathy for others.
4. Awareness of how to safely clean areas of potential biohazard waste.
5. The ability to enter data in the Homeless Management Integration System.
Environmental and Physical Conditions:
1. Exposure to a variety of external environments and conditions.
2. Able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds.
3. Able to bend, lift, and perform physical activities such as cleaning, climbing ladders, and standing on elevated platforms.