Website Clean the World
Recycling Soap | Saving Lives
Clean the World Foundation, Inc., a Florida not-for profit organization, is currently seeking an intern to assist our volunteer coordinator in overseeing the volunteer recruitment process and tracking. The intern will further establish best practices while also designing strategies to support rapid program expansion.
Clean the World is dedicated to saving millions of lives around the world while simultaneously diverting hotel waste from landfills. On average, more than 5,000 children die every day from hygiene-related illnesses, primarily pneumonia and diarrheal disease, which are two of the top killers of children under the age of 5. Since 2009, Clean the World has contributed to a 30 percent reduction in pre-adolescent deaths from hygiene-related illnesses by providing soap and hygiene education to make hand washing a lifelong habit and encourage vigorous childhood development.
Representative Duties /Assignments:
- Monitor productivity and satisfaction of volunteers.
- Represent CTW at community events and assist in facilitating external relations.
- Assist in the recruitment of volunteers.
- Develop and implement management strategies to efficiently track applicants.
- Track key data points to monitor and evaluate program success.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of relevant outreach events.
- Complete other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- 15-20 hours/week
- Be pursuing a degree in Administration, Nonprofit Management, Event Management, or related field.
- Have the ability to maintain confidentiality regarding client/donor information.
- Have strong problem solving, writing, and communication skills; organized and attentive to detail.
- Possess strong intercultural communication skills; demonstrated the ability to work effectively with people from other cultural backgrounds is a plus.