Clean the World Foundation, a global health nonprofit organization dedicated to providing water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH) programs and services to vulnerable populations in the United States and around the world, is seeking an intern to assist and support the Program Coordinator with the WASH Stations project.
In partnership with the CDC, the new WASH Stations project deploys porta-potties and handwashing stations throughout Clark County so that people experiencing homelessness (PEH) have access to these critical resources during the COVID-19 pandemic. These units, referred to as WASH Stations, will be set up in multiple clusters, each containing several WASH Stations, throughout the Las Vegas valley in places convenient to PEH communities.
Reporting to and receiving direction from the WASH Stations Program Coordinator, the intern will assist the Program Coordinator in ensuring that the WASH Stations are clean, operational, and regularly stocked with personal hygiene supplies (soap, toilet paper, paper towels). The intern will also interact with users to take photos, collect data and feedback from the clientele, and provide guidance on proper use of the WASH Stations.
The intern will be expected to have reliable transportation in order to visit the various WASH Station clusters throughout the region. Mileage will be reimbursed in accordance with federal standards.
· Visit the WASH Station cluster sites with the Program Coordinator and ensure they are clean, functioning properly, and fully stocked.
· Monitor the use of the WASH Stations and encourage clients to only use them as intended (i.e., for handwashing, not washing clothes).
· Report issues with the WASH Stations to the Program Coordinator.
· Ensure all program signage on/near the WASH Stations is undamaged and intact. Replace/repair signage as needed.
· Assist with conducting surveys of users to garner feedback on the operations and performance of the WASH stations.
· Assist with conducting observational assessments to count the number of users and record demographic details and other metrics are requested.
· Take photos and videos of WASH Stations and obtain written consent from users to use them.
· Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Education and Experience:
· Minimum of high school diploma plus 2 years of work experience in the field or 2 years of higher education in a related field.
· Pursuing a degree in Nonprofit Management, Public Health, Social Work, or related field preferred.
· Familiarity and/or experience with a nonprofit or government service agency preferred.
· Familiarity and/or experience to comfortably interact with people experiencing homelessness.
· Ability to use computer software, including databases and spreadsheets.
· Familiarity with Microsoft Office required.
· Ability to operate with minimal supervision.
· Have personal laptop to perform internship duties.
· Must have reliable transportation and the ability to travel among several different locations throughout the city each day.
· Ability to work outdoors, in various weather conditions, with exposure to heat, cold, rain, and snow possible.
· Possess strong communication, problem-solving, and basic data collection and analysis skills.
· Demonstrate the ability to work effectively with PEH.
· Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds.