AdvoCare, a premier health and wellness company, recently donated more than 32,000 care packages to 11 women’s and homeless shelters after a series of Clean the World Hygiene Kit events. AdvoCare Independent Distributors assembled the kits in April during the company’s nationwide series of women-led events: Ladies Alive.
“No one should ever go without basic hygiene products. It is a privilege for us to partner with Clean the World and provide these items to people who are struggling to meet their family’s basic needs due to whatever their life circumstances may be,” said Allison Levy, executive vice president and chief legal officer.
Ladies Alive events inspire, encourage and empower women by providing tangible solutions for dealing with stresses related to poor health, a shortage of time and money, or simply a lost passion for life.
“There is a massive need for personal hygiene items among displaced, homeless, and underemployed women in the United States,” said Shawn Seipler, founder and executive director of Clean the World. “It’s an honor to team with AdvoCare on this project. We applaud the company’s commitment to social responsibility and its efforts to help women and families in need.”
More than 19,000 women registered for the events in nine cities: San Diego, Kansas City, Tacoma, Nashville, Columbus, Dallas, Philadelphia, Orlando and Rochester. AdvoCare distributed the kits to local shelters that provide help to victims of domestic violence or families on the verge of becoming homeless:
- Homeless Families Foundations (Columbus)
- Operation Breakthrough and Giving the Basics (Kansas City)
- Nashville Rescue Mission (Nashville)
- Becky’s House and San Diego Dream Center (San Diego)
- Tacoma Rescue Mission • Homeless Veterans Service of Dallas (Dallas)
- Coalition for the Homeless of Central Florida (Orlando)
- Families Forward Philadelphia
- Women’s Shelter, Inc. (Rochester)